Thursday, November 5, 2009

Well Crap

I just got an email from Google notifying me that Relativia didn't make the cut to the second round of the ADC2. On the bright side, the email did inform me that my game was rated among the top 25% overall. That's something, at least.

I now need to figure out what I'm going to do with the app. Obviously I had hoped to place in the money and ride the wave of publicity to fame and fortune. The monetization plan for the app (besides winning prize money) was to form agreements with companies such that they would pay in order to have their business name incorporated into the game as a physical location to visit. I may still just release the game for free and pursue that option. Alternatively I could try to work ads into the game or try to sell it. I need to think about that.

No word on the actual finalists, yet. Someone in the Android Developers Group speculated that the winners have known for a while now, but were bound by an NDA. My guess is that this is probably the case. It would allow them to modify their entries using the 2.0 SDK for compatibility to coincide with the release of Droid tomorrow. I hope to be blown away by the top 20 in my category. That would make me feel less shitty about not moving on.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment